Sunday, November 29, 2009

Unable to leave well enough alone.

I have done it now. I have taken a working car that I drove home 1200 miles and broken it.

I was in the process of cleaning the air filters, so I took off the assembly blew them out with air and washed the metal filters in gas a couple of times. While I waited for the filters to evaporate I decided to spray down the carburetors and linkages with carburetor cleaner. I sprayed down the outside and went to start the car, it would not start. I assume that I got some of the carb cleaner in the carburetors. I did not think it would be too much of a problem, the stuff evaporates extremely fast. I gave it a little time, tried again, tried, and tried some more. I added a little gas to the carbs and even tried starting fluid, nothing works. The engine turns freely, the battery has lot of power (I plugged it in), It cranks and cranks, but never catches. Here is the discussion on the Hudson Forum

No comments:

Post a Comment