Thursday, May 13, 2010

On the road again.

My Hudson is back on the road again. I broke my original thermostat housing when installing the thermostat kit from Walt. I then bought a thermostat housing from Walt that already had the bypass blocked so I did not need the restriction plate. I broke that one installing it. Hudson308 kindly sent me a 3d thermostat housing. In the mean time, I took the 2nd thermostat housing to a local welder and they fixed it. I installed that housing last night onto the Hudson and it is working wonderfully. With the modern thermostat, bypass blocked, and external oil filter, I am running 1-2 needle thickness cooler according to the gauge. I am happy with that. In about a 1/2 hour of highway and city driving, I never went over the midpoint on my gauge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment