Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 3, Arriving Home

We woke up Sunday morning to freezing temperatures and some chunks of snow in the parking lot. We had a few hours ahead of us on the road before arriving home in Byron MN. During the drive I did the math for fuel economy. We were ranging between 10-12 miles per gallon, a bit shy from the 15 MPG I was hoping for. The Hornet definitely needs a tuneup, and my hope is to find another local Hudsonite with hand on experience with a 308 to guide me through the process.

We arrived home at 11AM as I sounded the horn to let everyone know we were home. There were hugs and kisses from the kids, and Nicole, my wife, even looked happy to seem me ;0) The trip had been long but definitely worth it. Working heat and a beautifully driving car definitely helped. All along the road people had waved and we had folks asking us questions about the car every time we stopped for gas.

I am happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment