Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Next Project: Oil Filter Kit by Walt Mordenti


As most of you know, Walt Mordenti is a bit of a legend in the Hudson community. My next project will be to install his external oil filter kit. It should help cool the oil while keeping it clean and helping the engine last longer. Currently my 308 has no oil filter on it, and the oil was black after only a couple thousand miles.

Here is the kit. it comes with absolutely everything needed and a nice instruction sheet that makes the install seem like it will be a snap.

Here is where it will mount. Wish me luck :o)

2 comments:

  1. For these engines, the oil turning black is not a bad thing. My Cadillac has a filter, too, and the oil turns black immediately. "They" tell me it's because the detergent in modern oils snags all of the grime and keeps it in suspension. Apparently that's a good thing?

    That engine compartment looks way too clean.

    = = = = Guy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I get information on getting one of these kits?

    ReplyDelete