Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Taking care of the basics

I worked with one of my local mechanics to do a lot of basic needed work on the Hornet.
  • Complete Brake Job (new master cylinders, new wheel cylinders, new hoses, new brake pads, turned drums, and a total flush of all lines)
  • Oil Change (10W-40)
  • Lube Job, using the manual to find all the right spots
  • Replaced Fuel Pump (the oil had smelled a little of gas)
  • Replace Exhaust/Intake gasket (the old one was leaking badly)
  • Replaced inline fuel filter
  • Replaced control arm bushings
  • Filled up rear end (I need to order and replace the gasket)
All this was not cheap, but I feel much better about future of the car :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Needs some help. Where do you find a rear wheel cyl and spark plug wires for a 52 Hornet 308ci L6 ? I have not had luck with these 2 items.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete