Sunday, July 4, 2010

The plan for summer 2010

Step 1:  Put a carpet kit in and otherwise assemble my basket-case interior.
Step 2:  Drive the S%!^ out of it!

So far, I have the seats out and one coat of black enamel paint on the floor, and the rear seat-belts installed. I have parts for the front seat-belts ordered and the carpet should arrive next week.

Mostly my Hudson need lots and lots of TLC, but I have run into a number of new issues. Problems so far: I noticed that around my gas pedal rod, it is duck-tape. That just can not be right. I also noticed that I have many small screw holes in the firewall and floor. I plan to dab caulk on them to close them up. A slightly bitter concern is some sketchy work around my gas tank fill-neck. There is a 1/2 gap around part of it, leaving the trunk open to the road. I have no idea how to mount the radio. Last but not least, I am missing some interior parts such as the light covers for the rear vanity lights and the medallions for the front door panels.

Forum discussions:
What is it, and where does it go on my 52 HH?
What should go here?
Good place(s) to get interior trim parts?
How To? Install Radio in 52 Hornet
Why is there a donut on my brake?
Door bottom seal. Clips or adhesive?

No comments:

Post a Comment