Thursday, July 22, 2010

When it rains it pours; Problems That Is!

I seem to be having a lot of small / moderate issues with my Hudson lately. First there was the fact that when it got stuck in a long downpour the door panels got soaked. Solution there will be to work with my glass guy on installing the new sweepers and figuring out the waterproof lining that is suppose to be in the doors. Then I had some knocking in the engine while climbing uphill in the bluffs at 70 MPH. I read up on that, and am hoping it was bad gas or the timing is too advanced. A couple of days ago a gasket for my radiator failed and after I fixed it I started having trouble with a collapsing radiator hose. Today my timing gun arrived in the mail and I could not see any chalk lines on the flywheel. When I opened up my distributor, I found a pile of debris from my Pertronix electronic ignition kit, seemingly from it rubbing even though it has clearance. I now have a message into Petronix support and also an e-mail into 21st Century Hudson to see if they can possibly just rebuild the whole distributor to make sure it is done right. As of this moment, I need a break from the Hudson troubles.

I should point out, the Hudson is actually running quite nicely, but at this point, I am not sure why.

No comments:

Post a Comment