Monday, July 26, 2010

Something or nothing. I chose something.

I have decided to do something instead of nothing. I am thousands short on rebuilding my engine, and I am still looking for permanent work. If I go for a rebuild, it would be months if not longer before my Hudson is back on the road. With this in mind, I have decided to play it by ear and see what can be made of the engine now. My first step is to send out my distributor to have it rebuilt by 21st Century Hudson. After that, do some tests to see if the head gasket is really leaking and diagnose the knock. I am assuming we will end up lifting the head, and when we do, taking a critical look at the top of the engine. I am cautiously optimistic this will get me on the road again for hundreds and tide me over until the time comes for a total rebuild.

No comments:

Post a Comment